Folding Kayaks Forum

The user forum for FoldingKayaks.org
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: russian boats in actio
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:49 am 
Hi,
as somebody who is very satisfied with his Russian boat a ladoga advanced 1, i would like to show this link http://www.out-trade.de/de/index.php?page=Gallerie. OK its a commercial link but it shows the capability of these boats despite the very critic statements at this board. I hope you will enjoy the pics. Jürgen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:01 pm 
Brotherhood of the Golden Paddle

Thank you for showing us these photos, both the single and two seater look impressive. Unfortunatly most of us can,t see them. Which may be a loss to us. There are other boats on this link and some outstanding photographs, really well worth seeing.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:31 pm 
Excellent pictures Jürgen! I just ordered my Ladoga 1, and I´m excited to start testing it! Did you try it with sales?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:27 am 
Hi abelikow,
These are not my pics but hopefully you will enjoy the boat. Here some tips I found very usefull:
For the first time to arrange the boat you will need a bottle of rinsing fluid and two large waste bags. Don´t be spare with the fluid in the inner skin and put the bow and stern parts of the frame into the wast bags before inserting them in the skin. It may sound funny, but there are some reports of people who didn’t use the bags and were not able to disassemble the boat! For dissembling you will have to tie the bow to a tree or some thing else. Some hits with a rubber hammer on the bow frame will ease the frame so you will be able to pull it out of the skin.
You will need all your strength for the first assembly, i suppose. I did - about 1,90m and 95 kilos - not all of them fat. After a few times the skin will be widen a little. The benefit of all of this sweat is an very stiff and fast boat.
In the chapter sailing gear you will find a post selfmade sail with some pics and at trip reporting you will find an report about an trip to the Estonian islands, if you are interested. Have a nice time Jürgen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:18 pm 
Brotherhood of the Golden Paddle

I have been looking at the photos i missed the first time and as i said before they are very good and gives us a better under standing of the boats, which i felt that in North America including Canada we had "written off". This "trick" of putting the bow and stern frames in a plastic bag works great on dissasembly, i do this with my Folbot Yukon as that has been hard to remove from the skin on many occasions although over in the Folbot Forum i was told i didn,t need to do it, i found i did. The sailing section is very good and i particularly liked the blue outriggers, might be nice on my blue klepper. I will look into obtaining a set. So far i have not been able to find an importer in North America including Canada for the outrigger used on the Ladoga.