Folding Kayaks Forum

The user forum for FoldingKayaks.org
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Triton Bektop
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:03 pm 
Hello, can anyone shed any light on this boat please? I can only find it on the Russian site and I'd like to know more. It looks similar to the Nortik Navigator that they are making but that may be just superficial similarity?

http://triton-ltd.ru/baydarki/dlya_bols ... /vektor_19

Post subject: Re: Triton Bektop
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:30 pm 
Ah, apparently Bektop translates to Vektor?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:18 pm 
lord high faltbotmeister

My understanding is that the Vector is the Triton equivalent of the Nortik Argo, made by Triton for Out-trade.de. If you use Google translate on the German faltboot.org forum, you'll find people discussing the merits and how to import them into Western Europe. It takes a fair bit of digging on the forum, though, to attempt to understand the differences (in materials, if I remember correctly)

Pakboats Quest 135, Nautiraid Narak 460, 416 & K1 (sold my 550), First light 420, Feathercraft Wisper, Fujita Alpina AL-1 400, Incept k40 (for sale)
Non-folders: Cape Falcon F1. Beth sailing canoe, 2014 Hobie Adventure Island

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:01 am 
Thanks Simon, I'll have a dig on that forum, and I have a brother in St Petersburg who will be Skyped later for a translation of what the Russian page has to say about them. I'll try to make sure I get the info to make a comparison with the Argo and post it here if anyone might be interested.

I think it is the boat featured on this site, http://vector.baydarki.com/about.htmlagain I will ask what it says about them - but the paddlers are mostly smiling which is a good start!

E.T.A. Translated from the forum (seems closest to the Argo specs):

Quote:
1) Vector
Targets (for now?) On the Russian market.
Sea kayak with Seesocke, "the presence of sealed manholes" (probably means packing hatches in the bow and stern).
Duralumin poles, length 5.20 m, width 0.62 m, weight 18 kg.
"One of the fastest Triton" According to the press. From its form, very similar to the Navigator.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:48 am 
From the other link I posted, translated by google:

Quote:
On the water it was launched for the first time and therefore attracted attention and therefore any criticism. In essence, I wanted to cross the Navigator with Ladoga and take from all of this, only the necessary positive signs. Not bad at all (oddly enough for a prototype)

Speed ​​performance exceeded all expectations, and now I can safely say: "The fastest single boat in the Triton is a vector!" . There, in the advertisement says, "And that's not all." This, perhaps, is the safest boat in the Triton for large open ponds.

The presence of tight hatches (larger than the size of the Navigator) to simplify things stacking and weight distribution along the length of the body, and the presence of the Maritime sock will rower who have not learned the Eskimo coup feel safe in open water. On the capacity and convenience of loading vector, of course, gives Ladoga-1 and this is obvious, but comfortable fit with femoral stops, speed and security to more than compensate for these shortcomings. However, I note that in testing, the vector adequate quantity of personal and group gear, boilers and even bags of garbage from the entire group, with space still left.

It can be concluded that the length of the route by the vector is highly dependent on the level of arming, so to determine the maximum number of days of autonomous navigation is very difficult.

I must say that all the boats steering system, but with certain skills rowing sense to install it disappears, boats are well on course, or correction is interception oars.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:38 pm 
lord high faltbotmeister

I'd ask your brother to check the grade of the aluminium tubing and the dernier of the hull material. The St Petersburg to Germany ferry was quoted on the faltboot forum as a good way of getting Russian boats into Europe :D

Pakboats Quest 135, Nautiraid Narak 460, 416 & K1 (sold my 550), First light 420, Feathercraft Wisper, Fujita Alpina AL-1 400, Incept k40 (for sale)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:49 pm 
Hi Simon, I can't determine if there is a difference in quality, and if there is which way it works! I found a thread on that forum you recommended where the person in Germany specifically wanted a Russian boat because they thought the skin (correct term?) was better quality than the EU version. I will ask him to look at tubing, he's quite good with that kind of thing, but he won't have any idea what to compare it with - unless it should be a specific thickness perhaps?

Thinking I may go visit him soon :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:59 am 
It is indeed the Argo equivalent, much cheaper than the Argo, but only available in a colour that would make me want to pluck my eyes out - apologies to anyone paddling that particular boat, I don't claim to have good taste!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:42 am 
lord high faltbotmeister

Interesting. What's the price post VAT?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:53 am 
The price listed (not sure if VAT inclusive) on the 2013 spreadsheet was about £850.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:57 pm 
lord high faltbotmeister

Great price. Shame it's so wide