Folding Kayaks Forum

The user forum for FoldingKayaks.org
It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:39 pm 
Hi all,
Thanks to the joys of Gumtree I managed to get hold of a 1965 Granta double folding kayak frame £50.. missing a few stringers at first glance, needs some serious varnish and a bit of glue here and there, bit of brass polishing and some replacement fittings.. but basically fairly sound. I was toying with the idea of restoring it and re-skinning it, however think I may need to stick with my original plan of building the Clark Craft BK19, gain some experience from that and then commence work on the restoration job. Is anyone familiar with the Granta folders?
All the best !
M

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:31 pm 
Brotherhood of the Golden Paddle

One of the members of the " Historic Canoe and Kayak Association" has a Granta 13ft 9in lightweight double folding canoe and seems to know a lot about Granta boats. Unfortuatly the association rules don,t allow me to publish his name or e-mail without his consent. It,s only a small fee to join and you will be pleased you did. From John in the frozen north.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:24 pm 
Hi John in the Frozen north ! :D
Thanks for the advice the other day, I have sent a cheque off to the HCKA (should have arrived by now) and look forward to becoming a member ! I do hope to seek the Granta owner out when membership is confirmed! Glad to see that there are still people out there who know about these craft ! Hope all is well ?
Many thanks!
M