Just Purchased a Pair of Werner Skagit Paddles

Moderators: chrstjrn, mje, krudave

PowerWagon896

Post by PowerWagon896 »

Even though I am setting up my G-II W/a Klepper S-2 sail rig, we also like to paddle when the wind is not blowing.

In fact, the reason we bought a sail rig was so we could sail when the wind made paddling a royal PITA.

Since most of our paddling is on flat water W/O any current to help us along, the OEM Folbot paddles left a lot to be desired. We were looking for some economical paddles that would have a bit more performance as far as ease in paddling for long distances.

I was originally going to get the AquaBound Stingray paddle, but when I called around, I could not find any locally in the longer lenghts.

I found a pair of Werner Skagit 250cm paddles @ the Mountainman Outdoor Supply Co. in Old Forge, NY.

The fact that the yellow blades will match my yellow G-II made them even more attrctive to me.

I spent a while searching for reviews & found that people that have used this paddle really like it.

So now it looks like we have all the bases covered. We can paddle/portage for hours on end in the Northern Adirondack ponds when the wind isn't blowing or we can sail the larger ponds/lakes when there is a stiff breeze.

Life is good!

Return to “Paddles”