Wayland Proximo, Aluminum-frame Kayak?

A place to answer questions from newcomers.

Moderators: chrstjrn, mje, krudave

Rob
forum fanatic

Wayland Proximo, Aluminum-frame Kayak?

Post by Rob »

I posted an inquiry way down the page, in the Wayland section, but don't know how many people check that out, so thought I'd ask here as well, in the hope of eliciting a response.

Anyone here own or paddled a Proximo, folding kayak, by Wayland?

If so, I'd be interested in hearing about your thoughts on the overall quality of the kayak, how it paddles, etc., etc..

Reminds me a bit of the Feathercraft Wisper, for styling.

Apparently, it's their only aluminum frame, single kayak, and it looks quite nice. Might be a decent option for a folding boat now that Feathercraft is closed, and the price for a new one doesn't seem too bad either. Appears it's about 10 lbs. heavier than a FC K-1 which weighs 51 lbs., while the Proximo is reportedly about 60 lbs., or so.

It appears that it might be one to consider for those looking for something like the Feathercraft K-1, or Wisper.

Would love to hear feedback on it, and/or the Wayland Harpoon I, if anyone has experience with those too.

While I'm at it, does anyone know if there is a US retailer or distributor for them yet?

There was a question about that posed here from several years ago, but no answer.

john allsop
Brotherhood of the Golden Paddle

Re: Wayland Proximo, Aluminum-frame Kayak?

Post by john allsop »

Klepper America are dealers for Klepper, Wayland and Neris. Check out Neris it might be a good alternative to Wayland who have a very mixed quality and service record. I havn,t seen either make of boat.

Rob
forum fanatic

Post by Rob »

Thanks for the tip.

The Neris models do look interesting, but I'd really prefer a more traditional, non-inflatable design right now.

siravingmon
lord high faltbotmeister

Post by siravingmon »

Nautiraid is a better bet from the Wayland comments I’ve seen. Aluminium or wooden framed Naraks
Simon

Feathercraft Wisper, Firstlight 420, Fujita Alpina AL-1 400, KXone Airrow 17, Nautiraid Geenlander 1, K1, 416, Narak 460 (sold my 550), Pakboats Quest 135, TRAK 2.0
Cape Falcon F1, Beth, Hobie AI
AE Air Fusion Evo wanted, Incept k40 for sale

Return to “What boat for me?”