Starbrite Water Repellent+UV protection for decks.

Questions that don't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: chrstjrn, mje, krudave

Yakadoodle
faltbootemeister

Starbrite Water Repellent+UV protection for decks.

Post by Yakadoodle »

Thought I would throw this in the air since the "other" Fabric Guard "303 Fabric Guard" makes no mention anywhere on the labeling or the website that it gives protection against UV damage to fabric.

The "Starbrite" brand usually found in boat chandlers, i.e. West Marine or B.O.W., specifically mentions that it does protect against the UV rays.
It also states that it has PTFE, the Teflon, in it. This might be like turning your deck into Gore-Tex which isn't that bad a thing to change it into.

Since the biggest killer of the fabric decking is the fading caused by the UV this is what I've switched to.

http://www.starbrite.com/item/waterproo ... ory_id=558
"Yakadoodle" ...I had to come up with some name since Steve already stole my name! :lol:

KerryOnKayaks
lord high faltbotmeister

Re: Starbrite Water Repellent+UV protection for decks.

Post by KerryOnKayaks »

I've been using Scotch 303 on my outdoor upholstery, including some printed polyester canvas throw pillows that stay out on the Adirondack chairs in the yard and the cotton canvas print fabric I used to cover the cushions on a sofa on my front porch. Since I started using it at the beginning of each season 3 years ago none of them have faded.
Current:
Feathercraft Wisper
Pakboat Quest 135
Pakboat Puffin 12
Pakboat Swift 14
Greenland SOF
P & H Easky 15LV
Curtis Lady Bug solo canoe
Previous:
Feathercraft Kahuna
Feathercraft K-1 Expedition
Pakboat XT-15