Folding Kayaks Forum

The user forum for FoldingKayaks.org
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:35 pm 
recent arrival

I have a very nice two year old Pakboat XT-17 kayak for sale. It comes complete with the solo deck, the double deck and two XT seats. Only 44 lbs for a 17' long kayak. Easy for one person to load and unload.
This is a very fast kayak. It performs superbly either as a solo or tandem. I have used it on the Wisconsin river for extended camping. There is a lot of storage fore and aft and very easy to access your gear.
The cockpit is roomy enough where I could keep a large Ice Mule cooler up in front of my feet and easily pull it up and out for a cold beverage while paddling. I'm 6' tall, 190 lbs.
The overall condition is like new inside and out. I always keep it stored indoors even when assembled. There are two small holes in the hull, maybe 1/4" long, that I have patched with the included repair kit. Also included is a hand pump for the air sponsons and the storage/travel bag. And I have one cockpit cover that is included too.

I am happy to email pictures to any interested parties. I recently moved to FL and spend all my time in a Hobie fishing kayak.

Model XT-17; Length 17 ft, 520 cm; Beam 24 in, 61 cm; Depth 10 in, 25 cm; Capacity 400 lbs, 182 kg; Weight 44 lbs, 20 kg

Packed Bag Size: 33 in x 21 in x 14 in

Last edited by abutters55 on Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:59 pm 
recent arrival

Is the Pakboat XT-17 still available? What color combination is it? How do you like its performance as a double?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:54 pm 
recent arrival

The tandem deck is mango; the solo deck is red. It performs equally well as a double or a single. My wife and I have paddled through some very strong currents and standing waves without spray skirts and the kayak takes on very little water. The air sponsons add great buoyancy and stability to the craft. It tracks as well as my Klepper Aerius II did but at less than half the weight it's faster in the water. Out of the water I can carry it under one arm and load it onto the roof of my car unassisted. I can send pictures to your email. I've tried to add them to the post but I select a file, click "add the file" and even though it reads "file uploading", it doesn't.