Folding Kayaks Forum

The user forum for FoldingKayaks.org
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:57 pm 
forum fan

Sad to see Feathercraft and Folbot out of business. We are a group of friends (belong to nor-profit organization) who own bunch of Feathercraft and Folbot kayaks. It is might be good idea to start a topic here to let the owners around Boston to get a chance to exchange parts at reasonable price.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:56 pm 
forum fan

In next couple months, we will try to sell our Triton Ladoga II parts. We are still using it until parts sold or next year.

After three season hard uses, some frame parts are broken or frozen ( never dissemble the kayak). Skin is still in good condition and same are cross ribs. Seat is still ok. Cockpit cover/deck is in very good condition. Spay Skirts and rudder might be in great/new condition.

It is interesting to see the skin is still in good condition after tough uses, better than Folbot. But the cracking of the tube is more than expected. Abuse or design issue.

Like to sell each part from $10 to $50 range.

Thanks.

Last edited by kurty on Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:05 pm 
forum fan

We bought a used Folbot Aleut early this year. After 10-15 days hard use, we start to have all kind of problem.

1) Skin has lots little damages and it start to leak, even not a major problem.
2) Frame did better job and only one piece broken. However many little things which join the frame start to falls apart. I know it can be fixed from hardware store.

We are not sure to sell the parts or buy used parts to fix the problem.

So if someone around New England area has a similar 90s Aleut with broken parts, let us know.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:08 pm 
forum fan

We own several Feathercraft kayaks. And we like all of them and are looking for more Feathercraft kayaks at reasonable price.

We do want to sell one Feathercraft Rudder in good condition without without Pedals at $85. We own two of them and won't use it much. So keep one and sell the other. It is for Kahuna. It seems Java uses the same model which we own one of them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:44 pm 
forum fan

I'm not in the Boston area, but I do need three repair parts for my 90s era Folbot Aleut. The most important is one of the plastic (nylon?) plates that a rib locks into. I assume they are identical throughout the boat, but if it matters, my broken one is on one of the stern frame side sections. I also could use both sets of frame spreaders.

I think I can repair all of them, but if I can buy these pieces inexpensively, I'd be happy to pay for shipping to Ohio.

Fritz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:19 pm 
forum fan

Fritz wrote:
I'm not in the Boston area, but I do need three repair parts for my 90s era Folbot Aleut. The most important is one of the plastic (nylon?) plates that a rib locks into. I assume they are identical throughout the boat, but if it matters, my broken one is on one of the stern frame side sections. I also could use both sets of frame spreaders.

I think I can repair all of them, but if I can buy these pieces inexpensively, I'd be happy to pay for shipping to Ohio.

Fritz

Give me couple days to post the pix for each component. While the skin is not in good shape, the whole frame is in good shape. I intend to sell the two big pieces or skin $50-60 each piece, and the 6 smaller aluminum pieces or three ribs $35-40 each. If the price doesn't sound right, I could make the change latter.

We do want to get rid off the Aleut and try to buy more Greenland which has more space for gear or person.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:20 pm 
forum fan

kurty wrote:

Give me couple days to post the pix for each component. While the skin is not in good shape, the whole frame is in good shape. I intend to sell the two big pieces or skin $50-60 each piece, and the 6 smaller aluminum pieces or three ribs $35-40 each. If the price doesn't sound right, I could make the change latter.

We do want to get rid off the Aleut and try to buy more Greenland which has more space for gear or person.

Ok, I'll check back in a few days.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:12 pm 
forum fan

Forum don't let me post bigger pix. I will upload the pix again tomorrow.

Cross frames A( without nose) B C, all in good shape, no crack or broken pieces. I intend to sell at $50 each piece. I will email more pix before final transaction to make sure nothing wrong. I bought the kayak as used. And I was worrying about the frames but after 30 day hard use, they are still good.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:15 am 
forum fan

Kurty, I need the left stern side frame, which on my boat is about 70 3/8 inches for the top/longer tube. How much do you want for that?

Where are you located? I have family in the Boston area that I might have meet you to look at the piece and complete the transaction.

Fritz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:28 pm 
forum fan

Frame pieces. I will post the rest of the pix in next couple days. Not get used to the pix size limitation.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:47 pm 
forum fan

Large Bow Piece $60

The chopstick like little piece was broken/missing . It didn't make much difference for the performance after many uses.

Everything else is fine.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by kurty on Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:58 pm 
forum fan

Stern piece: $65

Nothing wrong with it.

Last edited by kurty on Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:02 pm 
forum fan

I would like to ship the parts. You pay the shipping related fee. If you buy multiple pieces, I would like to give you $5 discount on each piece to cover some shipping. However, it might take me 2-4 days to ship out the package. I am still very busy leading some kayak trips these days.

Will post more pix for the rest 6 pieces and the above parts.

I would like to donate 5-10% of sales to the forum owner. Appreciate the hard work.