Folding Kayaks Forum

The user forum for FoldingKayaks.org
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:04 am 
recent arrival

I am selling my Feathercraft K1 Expedition with sail rig. This boat was purchased new in 2000. It has the welded all-urethane hull and a separate fiberglass coaming. See some details at http://feathercraft.com/kayaks/k1-expedition/

This boat has a yellow deck and is in excellent condition. It has been stored indoors for all of its life. It comes with all the standard parts, incl. Feathercraft rudder, sprayskirt, repair kit, backpack. It also includes a 3-piece aluminum mast, spinnaker sail and sea sock with integrated mast sleeve. It does not include PFD and paddle.

I am selling because ever since I moved to the California coast, a hard-shell boat has been much more convenient for me. I am the original owner of the K1, and I am hoping to find it a good home. Boat SN # is: QFV01007C000. See more pictures of the boat and accessories at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lm1emvv5ycbe ... blnna?dl=0, or ask me to email them to you.

I am asking $2250 + shipping. Located in the San Francisco Bay Area of California. I could possibly arrange for delivery along the US West coast, and I am happy to answer any questions (Email: doerte@geo-explorer.net). Thanks, Sonomagirl

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:18 pm 
recent arrival

Hi,
I'm interested in your K1. I own a 2006 K1, but it cannot be sailed. I have a few questions about your boat: would you send me pictures of the set-up with the mast? Is the mast going through the deck or inside the coaming? Also, how is the mast anchored on the frame?
Thanks,
Heike

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:20 pm 
Brotherhood of the Golden Paddle

When was that last picture at Portage Lake taken? The glacier is really receding

Northwest Sportee (SuperBoat)
Innova Safari
Mariner I
Feathercraft Java
Nautiraid 14
Innova Sunny
Feathercraft K-Light

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:56 am 
recent arrival

Hello Heike, regarding the sail/mast setup:

The mast enters through the deck in front of the coaming. The bow frame section has a custom deck bar with a hole to receive and keep the mast in place.

The bow frame also has a custom keel with a mast mount installed. The mast slips over it and is held in place by a spring button. I attached a couple more pictures that hopefully show these details.

Note that the hole in the deck can be closed and waterproofed with an attached neoprene cover when the mast is not installed.

Cheers, Doerte

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:11 pm 
recent arrival

Hi tsunamichuck,
the picture was taken in the summer of 2000. It was not on Portage Lake, but in Nassau Fjord in western Prince William Sound. The glacier in the background is Chenega Glacier. I have not been back there, but Google Earth seems to show that this glacier has not retreated that much, and is still an impressive tidewater glacier!