Folding Kayaks Forum

The user forum for FoldingKayaks.org
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:45 pm 
forum fanatic

Location: Boston. But we travel lots for kayaking around CT , NH, and ME.

We belong to one club and own dozen of folding kayaks. We try to sell extra accessories or folding kayaks not used any more.

So far the items we try to sell:

1)More than 10 feathercraft kayak parts/items, including seats, rudder, bag, dry socks, skirt, foot pedal.
No skin or frame to sell this year. But we might get rid of one 2001 Kahuna after 2019 season.

2) One whole set of Folbot Aleut ( 1994-95) parts

3) One Triton Ladoga 2, not in very good shape but still working. $250

I will post the pix with price in next several weeks.

We do need/buy old Feathercraft kayaks if we can pick up locally.

Stay Tuned.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:50 pm 
forum fanatic

I post one similar advertisement last year. But for special personal issues, I didn't have time to deal with the shipping. Now this winter is coming, and I have some enough time.
Sorry about the problem and thanks for the interest.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:44 am 
lord high faltbotmeister

I might be interested in your FC seats if you have some for sale in usable condition (i can do some repairs including leaking bladders and frayed straps). I don't need one for my Wisper but I have two older Pakboats in otherwise excellent shape that need seats and have found that the Wisper seat fits in them.

Pakboat Puffin 12
Pakboat Swift 14
Greenland SOF
P & H Easky 15LV
Previous:
Feathercraft Kahuna
Feathercraft K-1 Expedition
Pakboat XT-15

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:12 pm 
forum fanatic

I will post the pix of seats tomorrow morning. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:29 pm 
forum fanatic

Most of our FC kayak were made between 1995 and 2005.

Here is one seat on sale from K1 before 2000. I will post a couple more from 2001 Java in next couple days. Let me know if have the interest and will wash and clean the item before sending them out. I rate it shape 7.5/10.

In fine shape and nothing wrong with this one.

Last edited by kurty on Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:06 am 
Site Admin

Kurty, is this a commercial business, buying and selling kayaks and parts?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:53 pm 
forum fanatic

No. We are non-profit/IRS registered organization which promotes sea kayak education. So we own quite some hardshell kayaks and folding kayaks. Folding kayaks were used for travel and expeditions.

These days the number of enthusiast are going to down. We work hard to get young people into sea kayaking.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:26 pm 
forum fanatic

We used 4 folding kayaks for Casco Bay camping.

Everyone enjoy kayaking!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:29 pm 
lord high faltbotmeister

Kurty, do those seats have bladders in them for inflation or are they solid foam? I had a couple of older Feathercrafts, a 2001 Kahuna and a 1995 K-1 -- I seem to recall that one had a foam seats, non-inflatable. If they are inflatable, are they holding air?

But I think the seats would be adaptable to the two Pakboats I am trying to rescue. What do you want for them? No need to clean them up -- I can do that if the price is right.

Pakboat Puffin 12
Pakboat Swift 14
Greenland SOF
P & H Easky 15LV
Previous:
Feathercraft Kahuna
Pakboat XT-15

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:05 am 
forum fanatic

KerryOnKayaks wrote:
Kurty, do those seats have bladders in them for inflation or are they solid foam? I had a couple of older Feathercrafts, a 2001 Kahuna and a 1995 K-1 -- I seem to recall that one had a foam seats, non-inflatable. If they are inflatable, are they holding air?

But I think the seats would be adaptable to the two Pakboats I am trying to rescue. What do you want for them? No need to clean them up -- I can do that if the price is right.

I found I had 4-5 different-style fc seats yesterday and will reply more in next two days.

I have 6 sea socks, made by FC. Willing to sell 3 of them. FC skirts are so good and I am willing to sell two of them. If people show interest, I would post the pix.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:58 pm 
lord high faltbotmeister

I discovered this past month that my Feathercraft sea sock (which is about 10 years old) had started to have the urethane coating peel off the nylon. The carrying backpack that came with that same boat has had almost ALL the coating peel off. These were rarely used and stored in a dry climate controlled basement, so that was pretty surprising. I have another home made sock that fits my 3 most often used boats so I don't need the FC, but you may want to check the socks you have to make sure the material is holding up. Some peeling can be patched. But in the case of the backpack, 90% of the coating has sloughed off. Still usable as a carry bag, but certainly not waterproof.

Pakboat Puffin 12
Pakboat Swift 14
Greenland SOF
P & H Easky 15LV
Previous:
Feathercraft Kahuna
Pakboat XT-15

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:19 pm 
forum fanatic

KerryOnKayaks wrote:
I discovered this past month that my Feathercraft sea sock (which is about 10 years old) had started to have the urethane coating peel off the nylon. The carrying backpack that came with that same boat has had almost ALL the coating peel off. These were rarely used and stored in a dry climate controlled basement, so that was pretty surprising. I have another home made sock that fits my 3 most often used boats so I don't need the FC, but you may want to check the socks you have to make sure the material is holding up. Some peeling can be patched. But in the case of the backpack, 90% of the coating has sloughed off. Still usable as a carry bag, but certainly not waterproof.

I do have sea sock in great shape. We bought it last year with K1. It came with one very old one and pretty like new one in very good shape. I will post more information.

The seats I have:

1) 2 Java seat with air tube
2) 1 Kahuna seat with air tube. The other one is in bad shape and I won't sell it.
3) 1 K1 seat before 2000 without air tube
4) 1 Klight seat without air tube

All in good or great shape. Two of them will be sold.

Thanks for the patience.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:24 pm 
forum fanatic

This is Seat with air valve from Kahuna. I rated it 8/10

We are the second owner and never used it. We will clean the parts before we send them out.

All of our seats will be sold between 50$ and 85$. Depends on the shape and its original value.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:41 pm 
lord high faltbotmeister

OK, I see that's an older model with the single valve for the back lumbar adjustment -- presuming the seat is solid foam?

Pakboat Puffin 12
Pakboat Swift 14
Greenland SOF
P & H Easky 15LV
Previous:
Feathercraft Kahuna
Pakboat XT-15

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:43 pm 
forum fanatic

The pix is for the Feathercraft Sea Sock.

It is in great shape ( except I need to clean it before sending it out). It came from K1 we bought this year. That K1 came with two sea socks.

1) First one mostly is the original one which coating was peel off like many old sea socks or skirts. It is still usable and we can sell the old one for $45.

2) The newer one in pix was purchased as new couple or three year ago, according to the previous owner. It might have been used for 5-10 times. And in excellent shape. We didn't use sea sock for day/weekend trip. We do use it for expedition trip. we own at least 8 sea socks(even a new Trak one) and want to sell 2-3 of them. Like to sell this one at 95$. Discount when buy multiple items.

It said S/P size and fit K1 before 2002 model. We don't own newer K1 and not sure how it would fit. We own 7 of sea socks and the size seems to the same. But not 100% sure.