Greetings from Alaska

A place to introduce yourself to other members

Moderators: chrstjrn, mje, krudave

rpabel
recent arrival

Greetings from Alaska

Post by rpabel »

Hello, All.
I am Rob. I am the manager at Alaska Raft and Kayak in Anchorage, Alaska.
I am an avid paddle boarder, rafter, and kayaker.
I own a Hobie Oasis, 5 NRS Paddle Boards, and an InMar 320H-TS. I also have access to countless rental kayaks and watercraft, due to my job.
Honestly, I don't have much experience with folding kayaks.
I joined this forum for help with a repair on a Klepper Aerius.
If I can help someone else along the way, or make some new friends with similar interests, that would be SWEET!

Thanks,
Rob

Jeremiah
faltbootemeister

Re: Greetings from Alaska

Post by Jeremiah »

Welcome Rob! Even though your folding kayak experience is limited I'm sure you have seen quite a few, especially Feathercraft and Kleppers. You will get top notch information here to help with the repairs to the Aerius.
One of the few bright spots during this pandemic has been the boom to the outdoor industry. Retailers are only now slowly replenishing their inventory of paddle boards, kayaks, bicycles etc. I would be interested to hear how your business has done. I hope you have done well.

JohnSand
lord high faltbotmeister

Post by JohnSand »

Welcome aboard!
Sounds like an interesting place to paddle!

rpabel
recent arrival

Post by rpabel »

Jeremiah,
Thanks for the welcome!
We did VERY well on the retail side of the house. Our rentals were down from previous years, I think due to the lack of tourists. The biggest obstacle we faced last summer was an inability for our suppliers to meet demand and shipping. Shipping was a nightmare. Something that normally arrived in 10 days or so took as long as a month to arrive. We are anticipating another super busy summer, as people that couldn't get watercraft last summer are going to try again this summer.

Return to “Introductions”