A place to introduce yourself to other members

Moderators: chrstjrn, mje, krudave

Stagew8t
recent arrival

Post by Stagew8t »

Hello! We're in the NYC area & have been paddling around Long Island for a few years and have done a few river trips in the Delaware Water Gap.
We'll be looking for advice and recommendations for a foldable that we can put in our hatch back and store easily.

JohnSand
lord high faltbotmeister

Re: New member

Post by JohnSand »

Hello, welcome aboard! I'm out in Suffolk County, and paddle here mostly.

Stagew8t
recent arrival

Post by Stagew8t »

Hi, Glad to meet you! We're glad we found this site. We're looking for suggestions for folding kayaks & it would be great to know from people that really have them what works and what doesn't.

JohnSand
lord high faltbotmeister

Post by JohnSand »

I would read through old reviews on any specific boats that interest you. This site isn't very active, but does get visits from some very experienced paddlers. I heard about folding kayaks all my life and finally bought one a few years ago. When that one proved not quite big enough (I'm 6'5", 230#) I bought another. Both of those were used Folbots, which could be had reasonably with careful shopping. Last year's restrictions caused a sharp rise in demand for kayaks, and I see Folbots listed at crazy high prices. I still think that patient shopping will be rewarded. I check Ebay, Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace.
Good luck, see you on the water!

Stagew8t
recent arrival

Post by Stagew8t »

Thanks! Prior to joining this group I knew about TuckTec & Oru plus inflatables. Folbots are new to us, so I'll look into them.

See you out there!

Return to “Introductions”