Folding Kayaks Forum

The user forum for FoldingKayaks.org
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:40 am 
forum fanatic

My previous log in (Grian) no longer works so I have re-registered.

Circumstances have kept me from the sea and associated fora for some time and in the interim I have come full circle to the magical world of folding kayaks! It is good to be back :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:48 pm 
knight of the folding kayak realm

Welcome back. Which folder will it be/is it this time? :-) (You sold the Nortik on, if I've remembered rightly.)
Ian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:21 pm 
forum fanatic

Thank you Ian.

Yes I did part with the Nortik, and I am a bit sorry about it too! It was a really nice boat, perhaps my 2nd favourite ever.

What to paddle next indeed!

I am hoping someone, perhaps Flat Earth Sails Mick, will be able to tell me how the Nortik compared with it's bigger but lighter brother the argo. The lighter weight would be nice, but I embarked on my search for a new boat when I realised my hardshell had too much volume for me, and the argo might have the same problem.
I have always hankered after a feathercraft wisper, and am prowling the used kayak boards ever hopeful... but was shocked to see they are no longer in production.

Given the tendencies of best laid plans, anything could happen!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:22 pm 
lord high faltbotmeister

Welcome back! I thought you sold your Nortik to buy a Trak. Did you prefer the Nortik in the end?

Pakboats Quest 135, Nautiraid Narak 460, 416 & K1 (sold my 550), First light 420, Feathercraft Wisper, Fujita Alpina AL-1 400, Incept k40 (for sale)
Non-folders: Cape Falcon F1. Beth sailing canoe, 2014 Hobie Adventure Island

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:53 am 
forum fanatic

Hi :) , thank you, yes I did - and I did, but am now looking forward to paddling a Wisper which has been a long term wish. So far this season have only been out in the hardshell though, ridiculously sentimental but I wanted to wait until I could introduce the Wisper to my favourite home waters for our first paddle!

I was offered another Wisper just after sourcing this one (and cheaper too :roll: ), if anyone is looking in the UK (its actually in Ireland) I'd be happy to put the seller in touch.