Folding Kayaks Forum

The user forum for FoldingKayaks.org
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello from south Florida
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:12 am 
recent arrival

Hello from south Florida to all, I have been interested in folding kayaks since I read about operation frankton a long time ago, it's very interesting to know all the incredible travels that have been made with a folding kayak, I'm already are reading the book of Ralph Diaz ( the bible of the folding kayaks) , and this site it's a great place to educate myself before go to buy one. I'm discovered that Craigslist could be a gold mine to find a good deal, I'm looking for a double that I can enjoy with my son and I thing that my decision will be between a long haul or a klepper , bouth of then look strong and easy to assembly. Thanks German

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:39 pm 
lord high faltbotmeister

Welcome to the forum!

I hope you find the double you're looking for

Pakboats Quest 135, Nautiraid Narak 460, 416 & K1 (sold my 550), First light 420, Feathercraft Wisper, Fujita Alpina AL-1 400, Incept k40 (for sale)
Non-folders: Cape Falcon F1. Beth sailing canoe, 2014 Hobie Adventure Island

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:44 pm 
forum fanatic

Hello German,

This forum has a for sale section you might peruse. I have seen many Folbots for sale via craigslist in Florida over the years. My experience is with the hypalon hulls, not "Elvaloy." The only thing to worry about in Florida, depending on your home waters, are oysters. They can shred the lighter weight hypalon on some models of Cooper and Citibot very quickly. I'm not sure how "Elvaloy" handles run-ins with oysters. Granted the best action is to avoid oysters, sometimes oysters happen.

Florida has so many great places to paddle. I like to paddle around the Sarasota area when I visit. Good luck with your search.

HoosierPaddler
GIIx2, Kodiak, Edisto, Cooper and Citibot