Folding Kayaks Forum

The user forum for FoldingKayaks.org
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Greetings from Virginia
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:02 pm 
paddler

Just joined because I just purchased a used Zodiak tandem hybrid folding/inflatable with no model number, documentation, or instructions, just the kayak. It needs some minor repair, nothing major. I posted questions about it in the General forum, I'll add pictures soon (I'm out of town at the moment).

I purchased it because my wife and I enjoy kayaking in the Tidewater region of Virginia and other places in our many rigid kayaks, but plan on getting an RV and traveling around after retirement. In general we won't be able to take rigid kayaks with us, so when this tandem folding kayak appeared on Craigslist I bought it. I looked at folding single and tandem kayaks on the web prior to seeing this one used. Oru kayaks look great, but are expensive.

We also enjoy hiking, short and long distance backpacking, and X-C skiing. I sew a lot of my own backpacking and hiking gear, it's way cheaper to buy the raw materials and make it yourself, not accounting for your time (which to me is recreation).

Next big trip is a 100 mile backpacking trip along the AT in the Blue Ridge mountains this Fall, then a few hundred miles along the PCT in Washington State. Then get an RV and travel, hike, backpack, and kayak all over the US, Canada, and maybe even Alaska.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:57 pm 
faltbootemeister

Welcome. Everyone here loves to talk about kayaks. Feel free to open any subject about folders.