Folding Kayaks Forum

The user forum for FoldingKayaks.org
It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:00 pm 
recent arrival

Hello,

My name is Ken and I grew up with Folbots in my life. My dad made a 2 person non-folding one when it was wood / canvas and we used it extensively in S FL - going fishing through the surf to the offshore reefs, down in the keys, everglades etc. My love for all things boating and salt water started with Folbot.

I just came across this group when looking to see if there was any new life out of the company or it had been sold and picked up by someone else. While I understand you can't stay in business if sales aren't there - it was certainly sad to me to see it go.

I have a folding aluminum frame Greenland but it has gone unused since my last trip around Honeymoon Island on the west coast of FL in 2011. The power boat gets much more use as it is conducive to taking people and spending a more relaxed day. Also enjoy hardshell sea kayaks which have less windage and track better in crosswinds. ( I don't have the ruder for mine and alas can't buy a new kit )

Am planning to sell my - feel bad about it - but would far rather someone have it and use it and it just sit in the garage and go unused for years.

Ken

Post subject: Re: Hello
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:42 pm 
forum fanatic

Welcome, Ken!

Cheers,
Fan