New old paddler now in Little Rock

A place to introduce yourself to other members

Moderators: chrstjrn, mje, krudave

Bob1nLR
paddler

New old paddler now in Little Rock

Post by Bob1nLR »

Hi, I have been living in Arkansas for a decade. I paddled some in hard shells in SE Alaska for 20 yrs before that, but stopped paddling altogether when I moved to AR. I now live close to AR River and several lakes, so have decided to take up sea kayaking again, attracted to light weight of the folders. Will read with interest all the experience in this forum, and report on the AR scene.
Quest 150
Last boat: Easyrider Dolphin

JohnSand
knight of the folding kayak realm

Re: New old paddler now in Little Rock

Post by JohnSand »

Welcome aboard! Good luck with your search and keep us posted.

Jake
knight of the folding kayak realm

Re: New old paddler now in Little Rock

Post by Jake »

Hello Bob and welcome. I am also considering a Pakboat as my next folder. I wish that their Quest 135 was still available but it isn’t and so the choice is either the Saco or the Quest 150.I paddle a folder in Florida during winter months mostly among the mangroves in quiet bayous and small, slow-moving rivers where the little, twenty pound Saco should do quite well carrying my 145 pound self and lunch. On the other hand, I might just trade off the weighty hardshells that I paddle in New Jersey waters for the Quest 150 as my only kayak. And so I hope you are well pleased with your Pakboat and that you will soon be able to report back on your early experience with it.

Return to “Introductions”