Greetings from Saskatoon!

A place to introduce yourself to other members

Moderators: chrstjrn, mje, krudave

Kommander
recent arrival

Greetings from Saskatoon!

Post by Kommander »

Hi,

Recently bought a used Klepper Aerius II Expedition with a mishmash of S1 and S2 sail parts. Found a used S2 that will allow me to have S1 and S2 sails. Have only had the boat on the water a few times and will be searching the forums for help with some things that need figuring out.

Am excited to get things sorted out and start doing some trips.

I am 68, still working but ready to retire. Started paddling 30 years ago on BC’s coast but have done very little in the last 20 years. Recently also bought a Seaward fiberglass Guide 17. Lovely boat but have always been interested in SOF.

So much to do !!!

Cheers,

Murray

JohnSand
knight of the folding kayak realm

Re: Greetings from Saskatoon!

Post by JohnSand »

Welcome aboard!
I love sailing canoes and kayaks. Keep us posted.

Yakadoodle
faltbootemeister

Re: Greetings from Saskatoon!

Post by Yakadoodle »

Here's a good site for Klepper info.
https://translate.google.com/translate? ... teln.de%2F

Welcome to the forum.
I bought a Klepper Aerius ll just as I was leaving town through a craiglist ad at the end of June and haven't even seen it yet. The seller was kind enough to hold over the summer until I got back and that will be tomorrow night. So by Friday I should be able to get a good look at it. It also has the S2 sail package so I'm looking forward to trying it. From what I hear sailing a Klepper is a capsizing experience until you get used to it. I think I'll put the BSD outriggers on it. :)
I just did my maiden voyage with the Greenland ll I bought in the beginning of June a few daze ago and spent about 5 hours sailing it around and had a blast. Hopefully we will be in one spot for the next month so I'll get to go out after work everyday. In June I thought I would have the chance to get out and use it. The crazy thing is I've been no farther then ten feet from water all summer... work is a four letter word!
"Yakadoodle" ...I had to come up with some name since Steve already stole my name! :lol:

Return to “Introductions”