Folding Kayaks Forum

The user forum for FoldingKayaks.org
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Folbot sail instructions
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:46 pm 
paddler

A good few years ago, I bought a Folbot sailing kit for a ‘96 Aleut which lay in my garage until my retirement. Now I find I don’t have the instructions to assemble it and I’m not exactly the handiest lad on the planet. Does anybody know where I might get a copy of these?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:33 pm 
faltbootemeister

I don't. But I think you can probably work it out. Check the net for videos or pictures. Even if they don't include instructions, pics will help you. Also I suggest you watch ebay for old instruction pamphlets. Good luck.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:59 pm 
paddler

JohnSand wrote:
I don't. But I think you can probably work it out. Check the net for videos or pictures. Even if they don't include instructions, pics will help you. Also I suggest you watch ebay for old instruction pamphlets. Good luck.

Thank you. will do.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:55 am 
Brotherhood of the Golden Paddle

BazG

Here are two drawings of the Klepper sail rig in place. I can't imagine that the Folbot is too much different.

https://www.dennisleephotography.com/Dennis-Lee-Photograph/Boats/Klepper/n-p9swW/i-TwzxJK7/A

Also, there used to be a very active Folbot forum that I thought had been archived somewhere. Perhaps asking a question about this old forum in the General or Folbot threads might be a good idea. If you can find the old forum there may be some info available there.

Either way, setting up the sail rig shouldn't be too complicated. I think most of us figured it out on our own through trial, error, and searching the internet for pictures and such.

Good luck and don't forget you can always post pictures and ask questions here.

Dennis

Klepper S4 sail rig
Kayaksailor 1.6 +genoa
BSD 36HP

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:10 pm 
paddler

DLee wrote:
BazG

Here are two drawings of the Klepper sail rig in place. I can't imagine that the Folbot is too much different.

https://www.dennisleephotography.com/Dennis-Lee-Photograph/Boats/Klepper/n-p9swW/i-TwzxJK7/A

Also, there used to be a very active Folbot forum that I thought had been archived somewhere. Perhaps asking a question about this old forum in the General or Folbot threads might be a good idea. If you can find the old forum there may be some info available there.

Either way, setting up the sail rig shouldn't be too complicated. I think most of us figured it out on our own through trial, error, and searching the internet for pictures and such.

Good luck and don't forget you can always post pictures and ask questions here.

Dennis

Thanks. I found a youtube video and will have a go at assembling it.