...embeding photos in posts

A place to suggest changes to the forum, and to FoldingKayaks.org

Moderators: chrstjrn, krudave

nikolash

...embeding photos in posts

Post by nikolash »

Hi, I would suggest that embeding photos here should be more user friendly, I find frustrating trying to embed set of pictures and upon clicking submit i find messages like :
"max picture height is 480 pixels,max picture height is 480 pixels,max picture height is 480 pixels,max picture height is 480 pixels,max picture height is 480 pixels,max picture height is 480 pixels,max picture height is 480 pixels," " your message has 23456 characters2000 allowed"

Some kind automatic picture resizer would be great improvement .
As I understand it, embedding pictures here doesn't eat bandwidth of this site, and sometimes a picture is worth 1000 characters, I mean words. ;)

Thanks.

Nikola

nikolash

Re: ...embeding photos in posts

Post by nikolash »

EDIT " your message has 2346 characters 2000 allowed"
23456 is a bit much. :oops:

maryinoxford
lord high faltbotmeister

Post by maryinoxford »

I haven't had problems with photos (maybe I haven't posted any since the size limit was introduced). But I find it very frustrating to write a post and then be told it's too big. There ought to be a counter visible as you type, telling you how many characters you have left. Many sites do this.

Mary
Not in Oxford any more...

mje
Site Admin

Post by mje »

Automatic resizing is a something beyond what I can do as forum administrator. You should suggest this to the people who maintain phpBB over at http://www.phpbb.com/ The same goes for adding a character count. I may be able to increase the allowable character count, though. It's currently set at some default level.
Michael Edelman
FoldingKayaks.org Webmaster

Return to “Suggestion Box”