non-vintage Folbot Greenland II in Pittsburgh, PA, for $900

This is a forum for sharing deals found with other members. Sales, special deals- anything, so long as it's related to kayaking. (Thanks to Tsunami Chuck for the idea)

This is NOT the place for advertising your own products for sale! Anyone doing that will, of course, be defenestrated without warning.

Moderator: chrstjrn

KerryOnKayaks
lord high faltbotmeister

non-vintage Folbot Greenland II in Pittsburgh, PA, for $900

Post by KerryOnKayaks »

Just spotted this on my local Craigslist and it looks to be in decent shape. There is not a big demand for folders around here (I've sold 3 over the years and all my buyers were way out of state) so this may languish and they might take an offer. There is a similar Greenland II on Ebay at the moment for over $2,000 so this is a much more reasonable deal.

The seller lives not far from me. If anybody on here from out of state is interested in having it inspected by a critical third party before arranging to buy and have it shipped, I'd be willing to help you out by arranging to see it if you contact the seller. I've shipped folders before -- depending on your distance from western PA two 35 pound cartons (the best way to ship a tandem) would run between $50 and $100 each if you can convince the seller to ship it. Another option, if you live in the Northeast, is that I'll be driving from Pittsburgh to Saratoga Springs, NY, later this month and could deliver it or meet you along the way if you are en route. I go via I-79 to I-90 to I-87.

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/boa/d ... 47931.html
Current:
Feathercraft Wisper
Pakboat Quest 135
Pakboat Puffin 12
Pakboat Swift 14
Greenland SOF
P & H Easky 15LV
Curtis Lady Bug solo canoe
Previous:
Feathercraft Kahuna
Feathercraft K-1 Expedition
Pakboat XT-15

JohnSand
knight of the folding kayak realm

Re: non-vintage Folbot Greenland II in Pittsburgh, PA, for $

Post by JohnSand »

That is a nice looking boat. Kudos for offering to help your fellow folder fans.

KerryOnKayaks
lord high faltbotmeister

Re: non-vintage Folbot Greenland II in Pittsburgh, PA, for $

Post by KerryOnKayaks »

We're a small tribe and widely scattered. Feel obliged to help out where I can.
Current:
Feathercraft Wisper
Pakboat Quest 135
Pakboat Puffin 12
Pakboat Swift 14
Greenland SOF
P & H Easky 15LV
Curtis Lady Bug solo canoe
Previous:
Feathercraft Kahuna
Feathercraft K-1 Expedition
Pakboat XT-15