Folding Kayaks Forum

The user forum for FoldingKayaks.org
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Paddle Alaska Pt 2
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:27 pm 
Brotherhood of the Golden Paddle

Moved up to Anchorage last fall. Plan on being here for a while. Have decent amounts of days off every other week. I frequently paddle Western Prince William Sound, Resurrection and Kachemak Bays, Kenai Lake and River. Lots of other Lakes that are still frozen. Have floor space andsome gear as well.

Northwest Sportee (SuperBoat)
Innova Safari
Mariner I
Feathercraft Java
Nautiraid 14
Innova Sunny

Post subject: Re: Paddle Alaska Pt 2
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:11 am 
paddler

Hi,

I am new to sea kayaking and bought my first folding kayak, a russian Triton. I am kindaf figuring out putting it together and should hopefully be done soon. I am looking for a person to paddle with and who would also be willing to show me the ropes on self rescue and maybe rolling. Mainly all the safety stuff for sea kayaking. It will also be fun to paddle together. I would love to paddle lakes during the week and maybe PWS during the weekends. Please PM me if you would be interested in paddling together. Thank you. I definitely do want to paddle kenai and eklutna lakes. They look awesome! I live in anchorage too.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:21 pm 
paddler

I see you are active on this forum.
I have some unexpected leave coming up and am thinking of coming over from New Zealand and paddling. Possibly Vancouver Island area or maybe up your way.
I had an intent of bringing over a boat and doing the inside passage is a double but have split apart double but am thinking it may be unlikely I get it over there. So am thinking if seeing what I can sort in Seattle. maybe get a second hand K1 or buy a second hand boat for a few weeks and sell or see if I can borrow a boat.
If I head over it will be very shortly. Have 8 weeks off in one week.
I have done a little solo paddling in New Zealand and quite a bit of multi day paddling with mainly one other paddler.
Have a few friends who have done the inside passage and one the outer sound as well. as well mas others bigger chunks of Alaska.
have previously cycled up Vancouver, did the chilkoot trail, then a brief tramp in Denali and a tramp back of Anchorage.
Giving you some background so you know a little about me.
Oh I have a Looksh iv, a Nordkapp, and three fairly fast doubles

Voyager Double

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:27 am 

silverlight wrote:
I see you are active on this forum.
I have some unexpected leave coming up and am thinking of coming over from New Zealand and paddling. Possibly Vancouver Island area or maybe up your way.
I had an intent of bringing over a boat and doing the inside passage is a double but have split apart double but am thinking it may be unlikely I get it over there. So am thinking if seeing what I can sort in Seattle. maybe get a second hand K1 or buy a second hand boat for a few weeks and sell or see if I can borrow a boat.
If I head over it will be very shortly. Have 8 weeks off in one week.
I have done a little solo paddling in New Zealand and quite a bit of multi day paddling with mainly one other paddler.
Have a few friends who have done the inside passage and one the outer sound as well. as well mas others bigger chunks of Alaska.
have previously cycled up Vancouver, did the chilkoot trail, then a brief tramp in Denali and a tramp back of Anchorage.
Giving you some background so you know a little about me.
Oh I have a Looksh iv, a Nordkapp, and three fairly fast doubles

Just saw this now. I have an extended weekend over Labor Day ( Sep 4-10) and looking at a 2-4 day trip in South Central or Interior Alaska

Innova Safari
Mariner I
Feathercraft Java
Nautiraid 14
Innova Sunny

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:50 am 
recent arrival

Mainly all the safety stuff for sea kayaking. It will also be fun to paddle together. sizegenetics results read about my results. I would love to paddle lakes during the week and maybe PWS during the weekends. Please PM me if you would be interested in paddling together. Thank you.

Last edited by meenza on Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:34 am 

meenza wrote:
Mainly all the safety stuff for sea kayaking. It will also be fun to paddle together. I would love to paddle lakes during the week and maybe PWS during the weekends. Please PM me if you would be interested in paddling together. Thank you.

Pm sent

Innova Safari
Mariner I
Feathercraft Java
Nautiraid 14
Innova Sunny