Cliffy

Moderators: mje, krudave

Dickc
recent arrival

Cliffy

Post by Dickc »

Anyone who was on the old Folbot Forum knew Cliffy, the world's biggest Folbot booster. I was privileged to have met Cliffy and Arlene (AKA Wifey) in person in Charleston a few times. He could often be found helping out at the Folbot factory.

I got this sad news from Ann a few hours ago.

Dickc

Ann Rougle

Fri, Jul 31 at 11:57 AM
Dear Friends,

Yes, it the saddest news, and yes, it is our "Cliffy". He is gone. I don't know how many of you met him, but if you participated in the original Folbot forum, even if you only posted a single time with a timid newbie question, you knew him well. He was the heart and soul of the forum. Cliffy was always there with a kind and thoughtful and beautifully poetic response. Every time. Cliffy was a big reason why I picked Folbots when I first decided to get a folding kayak. I longed to be part of a group of people led by such a kind-hearted and gentle person.

This is his obituary:
https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/charl ... =196527401

At 6PM on August 1st, his family will scatter his ashes in his favorite creek. The Veterans Honor Guard will play taps and fold the flag. The family will play his favorite music and have a toast to him. I'll be raising a glass to a very special person tomorrow at 6.

I hope you all are well. And I'm hoping against hope that we'll feel safe enough to gather in Flamingo in January. Times like these, we need our friends.

Hugs to all,
Ann
Last edited by Dickc on Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yakadoodle
forum fanatic

Re: Cliffy

Post by Yakadoodle »

Finally free of the currents of this world. Paddle on Cliff you will be missed on so many levels.
"Yakadoodle" ...I had to come up with some name since Steve already stole my name! :lol:

Return to “Folbots”