Folding Kayaks Forum

The user forum for FoldingKayaks.org
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:47 pm 
recent arrival

Kayaker's:

I am thinking about selling the family's vintage Folbot, and was wondering how much I should charge? I am not trying to sell this on this site, so please do not flag me.

I live in Beaverton, Oregon USA, and there seems to be good market for things like this. I plan to advertise on Craigslist, unless anybody else has a another site. Seems like shipping cost would be too much for eBay.

This is the description I have written, so far: Vintage Folboat tandem kayak -1970's

Classic folding kayak, two sets of paddles, and storage bags. Approximately 15ft long and 36 inches wide.
It has been in the family along time, and stored for many years until recently. Mostly used in central and eastern Washington (no salt water). I assembled and used it a few times last year. All parts are presents, and in working order.
Condition is good to fair. The rubber hull has been repaired many times, but no leaks. One set of paddles has been 'rebuilt', but still works fine. Wood in good shape, and aluminum poles are straight.
Assembling is kind of fun, and color coded. Once you have done it, easy to put together, or just store assembled, then place on vehicle. Lots of information on the web about Folbot, pictures, assembly, and forums.
Its a classic, well built, very stable, and fun for the family!

Please suggest a range of prices based upon condition, other websites about price, tips for selling a Folbot, or other information that might be helpful. I can post pictures, but not sure how to on this forum.

Thanks for your help. Happy boating, Salmon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:25 am 
faltbootemeister

Hi
When I want a price for something, I search ebay "sold listings" and local craigslist. If an item sells quickly or slowly on craigs will give you some idea too. Good luck with yours.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:09 pm 
Site Admin

You’re certainly welcome to sell here, in the appropriate section.

Older wood framed Folbots don’t generally sell for very much. Metal framed, hypalon hulled boats have been selling for a lot less, too, since Folbot closed. Boats that sold for $1,000 new are now going for $350-500.

I’m thinking ask $250, be willing to accept a lot less.