Folding Kayaks Forum

The user forum for FoldingKayaks.org
It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 9:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:17 pm 
I thinking of selling my 1996 K1 because of lack of use. It is in great condition with a FeatherCraft downwind sail. But I really don't know how much to expect for it. I've tried Ebay but so few of them come up there. So I was hoping for some help from forum members on it's valuation.
Thanks

Barry

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:27 pm 
It's a Hypalon hull and the deck is sewn to the hull, not welded (a "con" usually). Also, this must be one of those models with added framework around cockpit (a "pro" - those frames were the strongest), and shorter than post-1997 models (neither too good, nor too bad feature). I think - $1500-$2300, depending on the hull and deck condition. That sail can probably add another $80-100 but only for those who needs it. Try Craigs for prices (a good place to sell locally, too).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:02 am 
Barry,

have you been able to sell your K1 meanwhile? How much did you get for it (if I may ask)?

I'm pretty much in the same situation, wondering what a 1997 K1 (Hypalon hull with sewn Cordura deck, fibre glass coaming) in absloutely impeccable condition might be worth (in CAN$). It might change owner within the family, so we both would be interested in a fair price.

Any hint (also from others) will be appreciated.

Peter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:31 am 
Peter, as of yet I haven't bothered to put it up for sale. but I recon its worth at least $2000. Maybe more. I might put it on Ebay in the future, I'm trying to get enough cash together to buy a sailboat!
Barry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:37 pm 
I putting up for sale here first!
Barry