New Karan 520

Moderators: mje, krudave

Fatfrog
forum fanatic

New Karan 520

Post by Fatfrog »

Hi, there is a new Nautiraid for 2020, the Karan.
Based on the lines of the Narak it has a much bigger volume. Narak 550 ends were chopped for straight bow and stern, thus reducing the size to 17 ft.
Attachments
Karan 520 at Annecy lake, France
Karan 520 at Annecy lake, France
Karan light.jpg (45.85 KiB) Viewed 745 times

HoosierPaddler
faltbootemeister

Re: New Karan 520

Post by HoosierPaddler »

I hope to see one in the US soon. I'd also like to see that new double. Since there currently isn't a US distributor I wonder if you can buy directly from the factory, ala Folbot (RIP).

HoosierPaddler
Folbots GII x3,Kodiak x2, Edisto, Citibot

chrstjrn
Brotherhood of the Golden Paddle

Post by chrstjrn »

Did CLC stop distributing them? I missed that...
Chris T.
Klymit Packraft
In storage in the US:
~'91 Klepper A2 w/ BSD schooner rig
'64 Klepper Passat/Tradewind
'64 Klepper T12
Early '90s Old Town Canoe
Previous:
'04 Pakboat Puffin II
'05 Swift (prototype)
'84 Hobie 16.

HoosierPaddler
faltbootemeister

Post by HoosierPaddler »

I believe they have stopped. However I believe you CAN now order direct from Nautiraid. They have totally revamped their website. It looks great on a pc as well as on mobile. I am hoping to get a 520 or Cross 475 later this year. I looked over and paddled different Nautiraid models while in France a couple years ago. The fit and finish was great. I can't wait to add a Nautiraid to my fleet.

HoosierPaddler
Folbots GII x3,Kodiak x2, Edisto, Citibot

CitizenWolf
paddler

Post by CitizenWolf »

You can order direct from the factory. At least within Europe. I ordered from them and they're shipping overseas to me. However, there isn't a Nautiraid distributor in the country I live in, so that might be a consideration. if they have a distributor within the USA, then maybe they'd prefer you to order through them?

JohnSand
knight of the folding kayak realm

Post by JohnSand »

I have no experience with Nautiraid, but SeaHopper shipped me a folding dinghy from England to NY. It came air freight, and I had to go to JFK to pick it up. This may be an option if you are not too far from an international airport.

Yakadoodle
faltbootemeister

Post by Yakadoodle »

DHL, UPS or Fedex will not be a problem coming all the way to your address.
There are other companies out there or if the manufacturer ships it using the common inter-europe freight companies the problem is it starts out with one company and then gets transferred to another company and the original tracking number does not stay continous with the shipment.

Using DHL, UPS or Fedex their tracking number keeps track of the shipment all the way to your door without having any blind days of guessing where it is.
"Yakadoodle" ...I had to come up with some name since Steve already stole my name! :lol:

Return to “Nautiraid”