Any info on the Nautiraid Miniraid

Moderators: mje, krudave

caratfrosting
paddler

Any info on the Nautiraid Miniraid

Post by caratfrosting »

Hi,

A Nautiraid Miniraid II has come up for sail in my neck of the woods. I'm having trouble finding any information on this Kayak other than this post from this very forum and possibly this one review for a "Raid I Mk II" (is it the same thing?) from Paddling.com. Does anyone know where I can find any more info about this kayak online? One question in particular I'm struggling to answer is whether this is a touring kayak or made for fishing, etc.

Thank you!

siravingmon
lord high faltbotmeister

Re: Any info on the Nautiraid Miniraid

Post by siravingmon »

From the pictures and the dimensions I imagine you could use it both for fishing and touring. At 30 inches wide with the sponsors inflated it will be incredibly stable. As a touring kayak (not really sure what that means – is it the same as recreational kayak?), it’ll be a bit slow as it short and wide, but one of the nice things about Nautiraids is that if you don’t inflate the sponsons you instantly have a narrower and slightly faster but less stable kayak (but without theSafety feature that makes it unsinkable, so you need to add airbags, a good idea anyway for a folding kayak). On my 416 model it’s easy enough to inflate and deflate the sponson is on the water.
Simon

Feathercraft Wisper, Firstlight 420, Fujita Alpina AL-1 400, KXone Airrow 17, Nautiraid Geenlander 1, K1, 416, Narak 460 (sold my 550), Pakboats Quest 135, TRAK 2.0
Cape Falcon F1, Beth, Hobie AI
AE Air Fusion Evo wanted, Incept k40 for sale

AndrewFold
forum fan

Re: Any info on the Nautiraid Miniraid

Post by AndrewFold »

I'm only used to the bigger 2 seater raid kayaks for which I'd echo the previous comments. I came across this review in Diaz' book "Complete Folding Kayaker' Edition 1. Hopefully it's ok to copy these 3 pages at low resolution.
page40.jpg
page40.jpg (33.58 KiB) Viewed 381 times
page47.jpg
page47.jpg (66.52 KiB) Viewed 381 times
page48.jpg
page48.jpg (76.01 KiB) Viewed 381 times
Andrew
Nautiraid Grand Raid 520 Expedition Wood
Ottersports PBK20 kit (non-folding) PVC Canvas on Wood

Return to “Nautiraid”