Nautiraid instruction manual

Moderators: mje, krudave

tmoobear
forum fan

Nautiraid instruction manual

Post by tmoobear »

Now that I know that I have a circa 1990's Nautiraid Raid ll 500, I am wondering if I could obtain or download a copy of the instruction manual that was supposed to come with it. Does anybody know where I might find one?

Thanks,

Tom

Jazznow
forum fan

Re: Nautiraid instruction manual

Post by Jazznow »

did you try asking the manufacturer?
https://nautiraid.com/en/contact-us/

If the manual is only half as bad as the one for the cross 405, than you can better live without one ;)

AndrewFold
forum fan

Post by AndrewFold »

Not sure whether the design changed between your kayak's build date and 2007, but I have a manual for a wooden frame 2007 Grand Raid 520 - if that is of any help. According to the 2007 catalog, the 500 and 520 are fairly similar. The manual only describes assembly and disassembly/re-packing. It doesn't include any information on sails. Let me know if you'd like a copy.
Andrew
Nautiraid Grand Raid 520 Expedition Wood
Ottersports PBK20 kit (non-folding) PVC Canvas on Wood

tmoobear
forum fan

Post by tmoobear »

HI Jazznow,

Thanks for the information. I emailed Nautiraid USA and asked if they could supply me with an instruction manual. I'll bet it will take forever to hear back from them! And you're probably right. The manual wont be ver helpful! The VHS video that was supplied by the US seller, New York Kayak Company (unfortunately no longer in existence) was pretty good. I need to convert it into a different format to make available to anyone who might need it.

Also, do you happen to know where the serial number is located on the boat?

Thanks,
Tom

tmoobear
forum fan

Post by tmoobear »

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for getting back to me with the good news! Yes, I think that it would be helpful if you could send me a copy of the instruction manual for your 2007 Grand Raid 520. I'll bet that they haven't changed the assembly protocol very much. How do you like your Nautifraid? Naughty or nasty, I'm going to get this thing up and running! I also emailed Nautiraid to see if they could find me a manual.

Also, do you happen to know where on the boat the serial number is located? Perhaps this will help in IDing the year of manufacture?

Thanks,
Tom

AndrewFold
forum fan

Post by AndrewFold »

Hi Tom,
I've placed the manual on dropbox for a few months at https://www.dropbox.com/s/avrv6afli6m7q ... l.pdf?dl=0
The 2007 UK manual is also at https://www.dropbox.com/s/dzv2bpzsu7cst ... 7.pdf?dl=0

Our kayak is packed at the moment, but I don't recollect seeing a serial number. There are two information plates riveted with brass onto the inside of the cockpit skin, but I think these just give the rated load and safe distance for travelling from shore - probably a French regulation.

We've found the boat very seaworthy and great for day or multi-night camping excursions on sea, river or loch We've only had to replace brass rivets/eyelets and bungee cord fittings. Also always carry some contact adhesive for sticking valves back onto the inflation tubes. There is plenty of redundancy in the design though for failure of these bits.

Andrew
Andrew

Jazznow
forum fan

Post by Jazznow »

Hi,

my narak is fairly new and with aluminium tubes so i dont now if the serial number will be in the same places. Ive got a serial no (its in oold roman digits so XV for 15 and so on) on three places. One in the bag, one at the hull (where you get in the kayak and fix the thing that you dont get water into the boat, just dont remember the prober englisch term, sorry) and one on the first rib (not really rib, it models the fore).

tmoobear
forum fan

Post by tmoobear »

Thanks Jazznow for the info.

I will check the places you mentioned and see if I can find anything resembling a serial or product number. I have tried to contact Nautiraid in France a few times now through their portal on their website, but I never hear back from them. Not much product support for Nautiraids! Now, I wish I had bought a Klepper before they went belly up. So sad since they had been in business for so long.

I wish I could figure out how to get my hands on another Nautiraid that is perhaps no longer serviceable. I could use it for parts.

Tom

AndrewFold
forum fan

Post by AndrewFold »

We were kayaking in the English channel and North sea during the last two months, so unfolded the boat for the first time this year. It was still very seaworthy and I took the opportunity to take the attached photo of the number inside the cockpit. There was also a number stamped on the plywood of the bow. Hope this helps. In the UK the following company repair folders:
https://foldingkayaks.co.uk/folding_kay ... skins.html
I've not had to use them, but they may also be able to advise on the feasibility of repairs. You may be best to contact a Nautiraid dealer rather than Nautiraid direct and August is French holiday time!
PSX_20200721_234223.jpg
PSX_20200721_234223.jpg (62.71 KiB) Viewed 465 times
Andrew

Return to “Nautiraid”