New Garage Racks

Paddling technique, boat packing technique, anything having to do with how to use a piece of equipment (except sailing, which has its own section).

Moderator: chrstjrn

Yostwerks

New Garage Racks

Post by Yostwerks »

Rita recently assigned me the mundane task of putting up shelving in the storage closet.

Being lazy, I decided to purchase rather than build a solution. I went to Lowe's and bought some metal "Closet Maid" shelving and in short order I had completed my assignment. However, I noted that the compact and easy to adjust shelves just might have some kayak rack potential in the garage.

The 3 attached pics display the final outcome of both projects. It's amazing how much more enjoyable it is installing kayak racks rather than closet shelving even if they are one in the same :) The 12" X 4" plywood plates simply slip into the gap of the adjustable metal braces, and the loose fit allows the plates to slope according to the shape of the on-edge gunwales.

Regards,

Tom

Last edited by Yostwerks on Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

kayakamper

Post by kayakamper »

Thanks Tom for another great idea! :lol: :idea:

Chris

Romainpek

Post by Romainpek »

Nice shelves !

Side question : what is the transparent kayak covered with ???

Yostwerks

Post by Yostwerks »

Side question : what is the transparent kayak covered with ???
The clear skin is vinyl . The black skins are also vinyl (PVC) , but reinforced with a woven polyester core.

Tom

Return to “Techniques”