Introduction - PurpleDragon

A place to introduce yourself to other members

Moderators: mje, chrstjrn, krudave

PurpleDragon
recent arrival

Introduction - PurpleDragon

Post by PurpleDragon »

Hi, I'm Purple Dragon. I live in Fresno, California. I've been paddling for 9 years.

I currently own a Pakboat Puffin, an Oru Bay+, 2 Folbot Coopers, a Phoenix Isere, an Epic Recreational GP, a few Necky Looksha Sport kayaks, and a Pelican Trailblazer.

I regularly paddle Millerton Lake near Fresno. I occasionally paddle other California flatwater, including McSwain, Kerckhoff, Shaver, Hume, and a few High Sierra lakes.

Jake
knight of the folding kayak realm

Re: Introduction - PurpleDragon

Post by Jake »

Welcome to the reborn FKF. I’m impressed by your collection of boats and see that these include both a Pakboat Puffin and an Oru Bay. I’m curious as to how you would compare their overall performance. The light weight of boats such as these has considerable appeal as I grow older and more dilapidated. I’ve sold off my long, narrow hard shells and replaced them with an Epic GPX which you might likely agree performs at a higher level than its length would suggest but it’s the minimal weight of the boat that inspired its purchase.
Regards, Jake

JohnSand
knight of the folding kayak realm

Re: Introduction - PurpleDragon

Post by JohnSand »

Welcome aboard PD! Nice collection of boats. I have that affliction myself, the current fleet is eight, though only five fold including two Folbots and two Sehoppers.

Return to “Introductions”