Hello from Washington State

A place to introduce yourself to other members

Moderators: chrstjrn, mje, krudave

NWkayaker
recent arrival

Hello from Washington State

Post by NWkayaker »

I’m the proud owner of a very-lightly-used new-to-me Feathercraft Big Kahuna. Looking forward to learning tips and tricks from you all, and hoping to be able to get out and about with this fine craft once borders are open and traveling is relatively easy again

squirtdad
forum fan

Re: Hello from Washington State

Post by squirtdad »

welcome, I am a owner of a new to me big kahuna also. been cleaning it up and hope to get it out next weekend
Work keeps getting in the way of kayaking, SUP, windsurf, bike and fiddling in the garage activity.

Yakadoodle
faltbootemeister

Post by Yakadoodle »

Welcome to the forum!
The stars must be aligned to have 2 Kahuna's at the same time!
"Yakadoodle" ...I had to come up with some name since Steve already stole my name! :lol:

JohnSand
lord high faltbotmeister

Post by JohnSand »

Welcome aboard!
Good call on the Big Kahuna, I've wanted one. Keep us posted on your adventures.

gbellware
lord high faltbotmeister

Post by gbellware »

Welcome NWkayaker! Great boat the Big Kahuna, it was my favorite until I could no longer fold well enough to get in and out of mine with any semblance of grace (or safety). One suggestion that will make sense only after you have assembled it a couple of times. Do NOT try to use force anywhere in the process. If it won't "go" then you just need to change your technique. Try to avoid using arm strength to get the ribs in place. Instead, use only your hands by carefully levering the pieces in place with fingers and opposing thumbs. Watch Doug Simpsons videos, he certainly knows how to put his boats together with a minimum of effort.
Good luck, and welcome!
g
"There is nothing--absolutely nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats"

Kleppers, A1 Expedition and carbon Quattro
Easy Riders, 18.6 and 17
Lots of BSD sails
Torqeedo outboard
1938 Sachs-Fichtel seitenbordmotor

Return to “Introductions”