rudder for the swift

Moderators: mje, chrstjrn, krudave

qball

rudder for the swift

Post by qball »

Would like to attach a rudder to my new swift. Has anyone had the experience or knowhow of how to do this?

Christov_Tenn

Post by Christov_Tenn »

Slightly off topic, but some of the folks at the Yahoo Bagboater group were talking about a Pakboats skeg that can be strapped on like a Feathercraft skeg.

chrstjrn
Brotherhood of the Golden Paddle

Post by chrstjrn »

I'm not certain how to put this diplomatically but, bluntly, why would you want to put a rudder on a Swift? It is not in any of the categories where you would want a rudder, and the rudder would slow you down significantly. Chris's response is right on the money-- if you're sure you want a directional aid, consider a skeg.
Chris T.
~'91 Klepper A2 w/ BSD schooner rig.
'64 Klepper Passat/Tradewind and T12 restoration projects.
Non-folding: Early '90s Old Town Canoe.
Previously owned '04 Pakboat Puffin II and '05 Swift (prototype), as well as an '84 Hobie 16.

qball

Post by qball »

[...] I would like to have the option to put one on like I have on my two hardbodies. It doesn't mean I will have it on all the time. I would just like to have the option. If someone knows of a rudder, like the Folbot's, that would fit on the Swift, I would appreciate the knowledge. Thank you.

TallGrass

Re: rudder for the swift

Post by TallGrass »

Hello qball,

I also would like to learn and experience using rudder; so, I can decide for myself.

I hope someone can help! Closest thing on the market is strap (skeg), not rudder.

Regards,

Return to “Pakboats”