Neoprene spray skirt for Pakboats Quest 150

Moderators: chrstjrn, mje, krudave

vagabond
forum fan

Neoprene spray skirt for Pakboats Quest 150

Post by vagabond »

Is there a stock neoprene spray skirt that fits the Pakboats Quest 150. Neither Snap Dragon nor Seal list one in their fit lists. If there is a Quest 150 owner that has experience with a make and model please respond. Thanks!

Apathizer
knight of the folding kayak realm

Re: Neoprene spray skirt for Pakboats Quest 150

Post by Apathizer »

vagabond wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:49 pm
Is there a stock neoprene spray skirt that fits the Pakboats Quest 150. Neither Snap Dragon nor Seal list one in their fit lists. If there is a Quest 150 owner that has experience with a make and model please respond. Thanks!
When the Quest was first introduced I remember Alv appearing in a promo vid stating a standard skirt will fit. If you measure the Quest cockpit size, I'm pretty sure an appropriate-size SD or Seal skirt would fit, though you could always contact them to be sure. And what about a Pakoats skirt? I had one when I had my Quest and it worked fine.

KerryOnKayaks
lord high faltbotmeister

Re: Neoprene spray skirt for Pakboats Quest 150

Post by KerryOnKayaks »

I've got a Quest 135 (same boat, smaller scale) and I don't think their flat insert coaming would reliably support an all neo skirt. Same is true of my Feathercraft Wisper which has similar design coaming. You aren't going to get a firm seal anyway on the fabric as you would on the lip of a hardshell boat so I don't see a neo skirt as a realistic option. I've tried my combo neo /nylon skirts on the folders (I have a couple of hardshells with similar dimensions) and they either didn't stay on well or deformed the coaming. I actually use a very plain Snapdragon all nylon with suspenders (very similar to the original factory skirt that came with my Feathercrafts) and it works very well. I think it is a 1.7 size.
Current:
Feathercraft Wisper
Pakboat Quest 135
Pakboat Puffin 12
Pakboat Swift 14
Greenland SOF
P & H Easky 15LV
Curtis Lady Bug solo canoe
Previous:
Feathercraft Kahuna
Feathercraft K-1 Expedition
Pakboat XT-15