Pakboat Quest 150 restock or alternatives?

A place to answer questions from newcomers.

Moderators: chrstjrn, mje, krudave

KevinV
recent arrival

Pakboat Quest 150 restock or alternatives?

Post by KevinV »

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the info you share on here it's being really helpful.

I had intended to get a pakboat quest 150 because I noticed a lot of you folk seemed to rate them quite highly but I can't seem to find it in stock anywhere and I've being looking for a couple of months now. Do you know if these boats are still getting made for the EU market? Does anyone have any suggestions for good alternatives? I will be using it in both lakes and the sea (I'm on the west coast of Ireland) I might take a few day trips but most likely nothing too fancy. the pakboat quest 150 seemed very suited to what I would ever want and it is listed at a fair price! I would like to spend less that 2000 unless there is a really good reason to spend more.

Unfortunately I have to be careful buying US made kayaks from outside the EU because as far as I know there is still a 25% surcharge, likewise from the UK I believe there is 20% import duty!

Thanks in advance,
Kevin!

Apathizer
knight of the folding kayak realm

Re: Pakboat Quest 150 restock or alternatives?

Post by Apathizer »

I know it's been awhile, so I don't even know if you're in the same position. Like so many products, there are still many covid-related supply chain issues with kayaks, so supplies are low. Compared to hardshells, shipping folders is less expensive and cumbersome so I speculate they might be re-supplied sooner, but it still might take awhile.

Return to “What boat for me?”