Anyone Near Williamsburg, MI - Request for Assistance in Buying Kayak

Questions that don't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: chrstjrn, mje, krudave

Rob
faltbootemeister

Anyone Near Williamsburg, MI - Request for Assistance in Buying Kayak

Post by Rob »

Hi,

I'd like to know if there is anyone that lives near Williamsburg, MI, and is willing to help a fellow, folding-kayak brother out to make a purchase?

I've found a nice kayak that I'd like to buy, but the guy selling it is unwilling to ship it, and sadly, it's almost 5,000 miles for me to drive round trip there to pick it up, which just isn't feasible, and would cost me as much as the kayak is selling for currently, doubling its price.

It's a good deal, if it's still available, and I'll happily pay for the kayak, shipping and insurance (USPS Priority Mail, or FedEx with insurance) via Paypal, plus fuel reimbursement and a bonus for your time, if you'd be willing to assist. "Signed For" delivery is preferred, even if there is an extra cost for that.

You'd need to pick up the kayak, bux it up, preferably with some bubble wrap, and/or extra cardboard and newspaper stuffed around it for padding.

It needs to be shipped to me in California. I can pay with Paypal, and will happily kick in the % fees they charge for transactions, too.

If you're willing to do that, I'd really appreciate it, and will happily make the payment to you in advance.

Please feel free to contact me via PM for additional details.

Thanks for reading.

Sincerely,

Rob

Rob
faltbootemeister

Re: Anyone Near Williamsburg, MI - Request for Assistance in Buying Kayak

Post by Rob »

Thanks for looking.

The item has been sold, so help is no longer needed.

Yakadoodle
faltbootemeister

Post by Yakadoodle »

Feel for you. I had the same problem a little while ago where the seller was unwilling to take it to the UPS store near their house (.98 mi.) and let them pack it and ship it at my expense...sigh!
"Yakadoodle" ...I had to come up with some name since Steve already stole my name! :lol:

Rob
faltbootemeister

Post by Rob »

Thanks.

Yea, I was willing to fully insure it and pay for the shipping, and eventually even found a company that would even pick it up, and everything, at no additional charge.

One person offered to help, but was too busy with work, so it was sold to someone else.

Sadly, missed out on a great deal because of that. Ah well, perhaps there'll be another.

JohnSand
lord high faltbotmeister

Post by JohnSand »

They come along. It took me some searching to find the boats I wanted at a price I could pay.

Return to “General folding kayak questions”