Introduction

A place to introduce yourself to other members

Moderators: chrstjrn, mje, krudave

DocDoniker
recent arrival

Introduction

Post by DocDoniker »

Hi, being new here after finding the site I thought I would post a little about me but being honest about it I was looking to connect with like minded to sell my Klepper Aerius II. I’m on Vancouver Island facing the Gulf Islands on Satellite channel. I started kayaking in about 2005 when the Calgary Alberta Klepper dealer did a demo day here. He took me out on an Aerius II and while out in the salt chuck he spun around in the front seat and said try doing that in any other kayak. Being a non swimmer the stability factor made a big impression on me. My wife gave up coming with me after a few years so I converted to a single and found the stability even better. I could paddle up the channel for four hours or so and when my rear end is numb I put up my drift sail and catch the usual afternoon breeze back home. The two and three foot swells didn’t alarm me in the least in fact I enjoyed that part the best. This is the first year I haven’t put it in the water yet and wonder if I’m losing the enthusiasm for it. I’m well into the fourth quarter. I’ve always gone by myself and kept my upper body in shape by going to the gym regularly. Maybe it’s like hunting when the guns stay in the cabinet, anyway I’ll list the kayak and see if anyone wants it.

Return to “Introductions”