Spray cover for Greenland 2?

Moderators: mje, krudave

overland
faltbootemeister

Spray cover for Greenland 2?

Post by overland »

Is there a way to make or buy one? Also, do I need to get a rudder for a weeklong tour?

john allsop
Brotherhood of the Golden Paddle

Re: Spray cover for Greenland 2?

Post by john allsop »

If the coaming is like the coaming on my Yukon then the best way to attach a spray cover is with Velcro. Either a long piece round the coaming and I like patches on the spray cover. This is how I held the spray cover I made for the Yukon. In the Klepper section I said I had used stainless steel press fastners which I did with the Klepper as the male part can be held with screws onto their wood coaming and the way the Klepper skin is fastened onto the coaming makes that easy.

HoosierPaddler
faltbootemeister

Post by HoosierPaddler »

I would think there would be someone near you (Chicagoland/northern indiana) whom you could trace their cover and make it yourself if you have access to a sewing machine. Probably only need a couple yards of fabric plus you could make the cockpit holes a more custom size. I'm in south central Indiana so not sure you want to come all the way down here.

As far as a rudder with the G2, I'm a long time user and really never take the rudder but I watch the wind very carefully to make sure I'm not out in conditions that would require use of a rudder. I don't care for the extra weight of the rudder.

Hoosier Paddler
GII x3, Kodiak x2, and Edisto

RangerTim
knight of the folding kayak realm

Post by RangerTim »

A Folbot rudder is for sale on eBay just now. $295 + $20 shipping. For that price a person might just look for a GII that comes with a rudder. Same with the spray deck.
Ann and me
Folbots: Too many. It's embarrassing.
Feathercraft: Aeronaut
Klepper: AEI - Jonathan Waterman's boat
Hardshells x6

RangerTim
knight of the folding kayak realm

Post by RangerTim »

Same eBay seller, out of Anacortes, is selling a tandem GII spray deck. Same price as the rudder.
Ann and me
Folbots: Too many. It's embarrassing.
Feathercraft: Aeronaut
Klepper: AEI - Jonathan Waterman's boat
Hardshells x6

Yates
forum fan

Post by Yates »

The spray deck for the Greenland is not worth spending big bucks on. Almost anything you throw together with Velcro tape on the foaming with be comparable. I Added some flat aluminum cross bars across the cockpit to keep it up and domed so it doesn’t pool water. I attached them to the star knobs.

Return to “Folbots”