Old Klepper found at Cabin

Moderators: chrstjrn, mje, krudave

scottmahr
recent arrival

Old Klepper found at Cabin

Post by scottmahr »

Hi!

We bought a cabin on Flathead lake last year and there was an old Klepper in the basement. The canvas and the sails are not in great shape, but all of the wood and metal parts seem to be solid. I don't think we are ready for the job of bringing it back to life, so want to make sure it finds a good home. This isn't a for sale post, I have some questions for the experts:
  • What kind of a Klepper is this? We have no idea, but we suspect it is 15+ years old.
  • Should we list this for parts, or as a whole set, not sure what the need is?
  • Any ballpark for what this is worth?
  • When people sell boats like this on a forum, how do they usually handle pick up or shipping?
Thanks so much!

Scott

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0T5n8hH4t1KWpm

john allsop
Brotherhood of the Golden Paddle

Re: Old Klepper found at Cabin

Post by john allsop »

It is an Aerius 2 520 probably from the 1960s. To save hassle I would sell it as a restoration project. It,s easier if the purchaser can collect it. But if you are able to pack it so a carrier would take it from your place and deliver it you would need a cost for their service. Selling it one piece at a time would for me be a pain and there might pieces you can,t sell. Whats it worth? If I were over there I would pay $300 for it. The restoration would I expect, if buying new parts from Klepper would or could cost 2 thousand plus.

JohnSand
lord high faltbotmeister

Post by JohnSand »

Does it float? That would make a big difference. The sail rig is harder to find than the boat I think. If you do part it out, I suggest only separating the complete rig from the complete boat. When I want to price something, I check Ebay "sold" listings, not asking prices. Good luck with yours.

scottmahr
recent arrival

Post by scottmahr »

It does float, I have paddled it around a bit to try it out.

Thanks everyone!

Return to “Klepper”