Anyone Have a Recent Maine Island Trail Guidebook?

Discussions, reviews, and questions about books, maps, and charts for kayakers.

Moderator: chrstjrn

Rob
faltbootemeister

Anyone Have a Recent Maine Island Trail Guidebook?

Post by Rob »

I know these get updated and re-issued every year, as things change, but I would like to see if anyone has a fairly recent Maine Island Trail Guidebook they no longer need, and are willing to sell for a reasonable price?

I'd like to visit there a year or two from now, so thought it might be useful for pre-trip planning, and to get a decent overview of the area.

I'll need to sign up as a member for the MITA, if/when a trip is imminent, in order to get the latest info.

I'm also interested in recommendations and sources for waterproof charts or maps of the MIT, and which areas people prefer to paddle and camp. I like to snorkel and dive, so good areas to do that would be appreciated too.

Info on sea kayaking stores, businesses, groups, etc. in the region would be useful too, if you have anything to share on that as well.

KerryOnKayaks
lord high faltbotmeister

Re: Anyone Have a Recent Maine Island Trail Guidebook?

Post by KerryOnKayaks »

You may want to post your question on the paddling.com "Trip Planning" or "Advice" forums. I know there are several frequent posters on there who are located in or often kayak on the Maine coast including a couple of guides. I am headed there myself in July to paddle with one of them, who has been renting a cottage there for a month each summer for over 20 years for the purpose of coastal touring,
CURRENT FLEET:
Feathercraft Wisper
Feathercraft Java
Pakboat Quest 135
Pakboat Puffin 12
Pakboat Swift 14
PREVIOUSLY OWNED:
Feathercraft Kahuna
Feathercraft K-1 Expedition
Pakboat XT-15

Rob
faltbootemeister

Re: Anyone Have a Recent Maine Island Trail Guidebook?

Post by Rob »

Thank you for the suggestion.

I really appreciate it.

Return to “Books, Maps, and Charts”