Narak 460

Moderators: mje, krudave

CitizenWolf
forum fan

Narak 460

Post by CitizenWolf »

I ordered a Narak 460 (with stabilairs) from the workshop in France. Communication with the company was good. The boat arrived about 2 months after I ordered it. Apparently they had quite a few orders around the time I ordered mine, which bodes well for the company.

The instructions that came with the boat could do with some corrections but it was easy enough to figure out how to put it together. It's well constructed and looks quite nice. The one thing that surprised me was the weight. I guess I was expecting it to be lighter. I think it's the weight as advertised, it's just I guess I was expecting it to feel lighter in the hands.

It's my first SOF and it was interesting to see that in the water it feels different from a rigid kayak. Difficult to explain, but it moves slightly with the waves. On land it appears to be quite rigid and the skin is taut, but in the water, on swells or in waves, it definitely responds differently than a rigid. I've only been out in it a couple of times, and only in maybe just under 1 meter and predictable waves, but it seems to handle better than my previous rigid kayak. That might be wishful thinking on my part, but time will tell the more I use it.

It's very stable. Not much of a rocker on it, and it's maybe slight slow to turn, but that could be my technique. I felt it was turning to the left slightly on my first outing in it, but after adjusting the seat and watching my sitting position when out on the water, that seems to have dampened that issue.

I'll try to link to some photos here: Hopefully the link works. https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=101 ... 7829557551

JohnSand
lord high faltbotmeister

Re: Narak 460

Post by JohnSand »

Beautiful boat.
I like the way my boats flex on the waves too. Kind of feels alive.

Jeremiah
faltbootemeister

Post by Jeremiah »

Congratulations on your Narak. As you get used to your folder one thing I think you'll really appreciate is how you can relax and take in your surroundings while your kayak flexes an adapts to the conditions.
After getting my first folding kayak around '95 (Feathercraft K-Light) I have never seen a more perfect fit of skin to frame then the Nautiraids. The Narak is a beauty.

CitizenWolf
forum fan

Post by CitizenWolf »

Kayaking up the River Liffey in central Dublin on the Narak 460
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W9CdPIRC0k

CitizenWolf
forum fan

Post by CitizenWolf »

Kayaking with my dog. I made a platform on the deck behind me that he can sit and lie on. https://twitter.com/CitizenW0lf/status/ ... 2323472386

Jeremiah
faltbootemeister

Post by Jeremiah »

You proved once again how dog friendly folding kayaks are. I'd say you're both having a great day.

CitizenWolf
forum fan

Post by CitizenWolf »

He's extremely well trained and well behaved, so it was possible to do this with him. But, to be honest, a canoe would be a lot easier with a doggie friend :)

Return to “Nautiraid”